- Last updated on March 5th, 2018 -
What screenplay do you want to whip up?
What craftsmanship do you want to aspire with your hands?
What new wonderful creations would you hanker in your “restaurant”?
We all want something magical to create, don’t we? Ah, but alas, some people don’t attempt because of time, or energy, or wherewithal to start any project at all. Why do you suppose that is?
To be frank, one of the reasons is that we are afraid of starting something new.
And, to be honest, (and this is a shocker,) sometimes we actually fail no matter how much we try. (Hold on to that last thought to the end, shall we…)
The Sweat of My Brow
For instance, several weeks ago, another good friend suggested that I take a class in calligraphy. You see, I was always intrigued by the art of handwriting. In fact, the accuracy, precision and artistic method of innovation were enticing to me. Like golf, which takes years and years of practice, I thought that pattern and concentration would strive nifty results for invitations and announcements.
However, when I started my first lesson, the teacher was very precise in the process of her craft and I became very nervous. With sweat on my brow, I was not embarrassed necessarily, but questions arose of my abilities on my first assignment. Queries like:
- In my position the quill correctly?
- My every letter is sloppy and uneven and not the teacher who is even and beautiful; why is that?
- All of my classmates are doing extremely well calligraphy; why am I at the bottom of the barrel?
Certainly, I was hyperventilating, but the fear was real. I was going to fail miserably and I did not know why.
As I calmed myself down, I realized that starting something new is frightening, yet exhilarating if I kept going to the paramount outcome.
In specifically, all of us own an aptitude if we use them so. Chiefly, if we:
- Resolve with grit and determination in any new endeavors
- As always, will make many mistakes, but with repetition and learning on any topic, we will grasp our knowledge slowly
- And, as I told you before, failure is only for the short-term. We can do anything we imagine with consistency and strength of heart on any dream imaginable.
So, the next time you begin something dramatic in your sphere, visualize big. Explore and relax. The result will astound you.